The 12 steps for getting away from Win95 and other MS
- We admitted we were powerless over Microsoft - that our computers had
- Came to believe that an Operating System greater than Microsoft's could
restore our computers to sanity
- Made a decistion to turn our computers over to the care of this new
- Made a searching system inventory of our computers
- Admitted to the computer, to ourselves and to another person the exact
nature of our bad OS.
- Were entirely ready to have the superior OS remove all defects of the
- Humbly asked it to remove Win95's shortcomings.
- Made a list of all the computers we harmed with MS products and
became willing to make amends to them all.
- Immediately remove such products from such computers wherever possible.
- Continued to take an inventory of the system and when we
installed MS prodcuts we promptly admitted it and removed them.
- Sought through study and reading of FAQ's, HOWTO's and
Newsgroups to improve our contact with the superior OS, as we
- Having had a computer awakening as the results of these steps
we tried to carry this message to Win95 users and to practice these
principles in all our affairs.
This document is not meant to poke fun at 12 step programs, nor to poke
fun at people who use them. Please do not be offended by this document
as it is meant entirely in fun.