Ctluser sends a message to the control channel of a given
luser(8) This command can only be run by the sysadmin(1)
In the normal mode of behavior, the message is sent to the
luser's brain, which then performs the requested action and
sends back a reply with a text message and the exit code for
ctluser. If the luser's brain successfully performed the
command, ctluser will exit with a status of zero and print
the reply on standard output.
The ``-m'' flag is used to display an MPEG of the results of
the given command on the console of the sysadmin(1)
Note that this requires the sysadmin(1) to
be running an X server.
To see a command summary, use the ``-h'' flag. If a command
is included when ctluser is invoked with the ``-h'' flag,
then only the usage for that command will be given.
The complete list of commands follows. Note that all commands
have a fixed number of arguments. If a parameter can
be an empty string, then it is necessary to specify it as
two adjacent quotes, like "".
- addhist <entry>
- Add an entry to the luser's employment record.
- allow reason
- Allow a luser to use the computer system again. The
reason must be the same text given with an earlier
``reject'' command. Note that this command is
currently not implemented.
- begin name
- Begin a new luser(1) with the given file. Note that
this command is currently not implemented.
- cancel pid
- Causes a process of a luser to be killed
- changegroup group
- Changes a luser from their current workgroup to the one specified.
- Forces a user to return to a paper based system
- Causes a large mass to drop onto the luser from a great height.
- Destorys all logs of the actions done by the sysadmin(1)
to the luser.
- go reason
- The luser is fired for the given reason.
- Makes the luser hang themselves
- Displays the operating mode of the luser
- newgroup group
- Causes a luser to make their own newgroup up
- pause thought
- Makes the luser pause for the given thought. Note that
this may cause some lusers to crash
- shutdown reason
- Makes the luser shutdown. This is essentially the same as killing them
- signal sig
- Sends the given signal to the luser
- throttle reason
- Causes the luser to throttle themselves
- trace item flag
- Gives the sysadmin(1) information on what the luser is doing.